- Arm yourself with information: find out the building permit number, land owner's and builder's contact information, how to contact the municipality, and/or WorkSafeBC (if you see something unsafe).
- Builders are required to obtain a recent survey for new construction or renovations. Ask them for a copy, even a digital one. If they cannot provide one, contact the municipality.
- Getting a survey performed should be a last resort (it will be costly).
There are a variety of occasions when a survey of your property might be necessary, including:
- building a new house;
- adding on to existing house;
- requested by a lending institution;
- property line clarification;
- adding any structure to your property (garage, carport etc)
We are based in Vancouver and we focus our services in Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, the North Shore and Bowen Island.
MUNICIPAL ONLINE MAPS (GIS)
These resources are available to the public and can be used to find basic information about your property.
prepared for a lending institution (bank, credit union etc)
prepared to purpose of showing building encroaching (or not)
“NEC”, construction stage
foundation certificate prepared during construction, certifying that foundation is built according to building permit plans